Friday, June 03, 2011

Seek

IMG_5425

They are as blue as the sky, but run deeper than the ocean. They look straight past your weaknesses and pull out hope and strength and faith and the I-can-do-this will you never knew you had lurking beneath the surface.

They pierce your soul and make you search, dig, and discover that what makes you "special" is hidden inside your heart and has nothing to do with the way you look, what you have, or what you can't do.

They are strong and determined and gentle and breathtaking. They inspire my heart, keep my mind focused, and encourage my spirit.

In one glance, I am reminded of the artistry of this life, of His creation. The beauty He carefully placed in all of us.

You just have to be willing to look for it.


"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:18

5 comments:

Katie said...

I've been in love with her eyes since the first picture you posted. Your words here are beautiful. Paired with the lyrics, "You're amazing just the way you are." Tears.

Lora said...

She is true beauty, those eyes are amazing!! I love reading your posts!

Hilary said...

Beautiful! One of my favorite verses!

Unknown said...

Beautiful words! Those eyes ARE piercing!

Jenna said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Brooklyn is an amazing, courageous, strong and determined fighter. She is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com