Friday, April 25, 2014

Possible

I have a billion and one things I should be doing right now (I am leaving to go on a campout in less than 2 hours!), but I wanted to take the time to write because I want to remember this day -- this feeling -- every time I start to lose hope. This won't be eloquent or poetic, but I don't even care. This isn't about me...it's about God.

When we first found out about Brooklyn's diagnosis, He placed an image on my heart. As I wrote here, that image included a little girl walking with arm crutches. But after years of doctor appointments, muscle tests, wheelchairs, and all sorts of other "reality checks," I admit that I let go of that image. And I was good with it. I was disappointed, but I accepted it and was ready to move on.

But over the last few months, I have seen Brooklyn progressing quickly and started to feel a small glimmer of hope that perhaps my image was possible. And then today, during physical therapy, Brooklyn's therapist confirmed that crutches are a very real possibility for our girl. She won't likely have the coordination to try them until she is 6 or 7 -- so we'll have to be patient -- but it is extremely possible.  My image -- the image He gave me -- is possible.

Praise God, it is possible!


Interestingly enough, all of this happened immediately after I took some small steps of faith into some unknown "waters."  Things are brewing and God is showing up and telling me very loudly to trust that HE CAN DO ALL THE THINGS.


ALL THE THINGS, friends.

I am humbled, encouraged, and in awe of God's faithfulness. While I often hesitate to share this kind of news because I know things can change, right now, hope is living and breathing and walking around here, and I just couldn't keep it to myself.


To God be the glory!




"Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, 
but with God all things are possible.'" (Matthew 19:26)

No comments: