Thursday, November 17, 2011

Standing on the Promises

IMG_7468


I kinda wish I could have posted her naked because really, I don't give a flying fig what she is wearing right now...

SHE IS STANDING!

It is wonderful and strange and humbling and absolutely amazing to see my baby standing on her own two legs. She just looks so tall, so much older, and oh so beautiful...my heart overflows.

She may need a little help for now, but it doesn't matter. I can see it now, right there in front of me. His plan. He's whispered, painted images on my heart since we found out about our rock star, but to see it happening -- with my own two eyes -- well, it is enough to send me to my knees. Or better yet, stand in awe...with my baby.

I no longer have to imagine. It is happening.

IMG_7453


She may always need help, but that's okay. I don't care. At least not today. This isn't about what the world thinks is "normal." None of that matters. Not anymore.

It is about what He can do. What she can do. What they will do together.

It's about seeing the miracles...whether that means beating the odds, or simply taking advantage of the medical advances our generation is blessed enough to have available.

I don't care.

SHE IS STANDING.

IMG_7461

Making it Work...
Onesie: Carter's (Target)
T-shirt: Cherokee, Emma hand-me-down
Pants: The Children's Place, niece hand-me-down


11 comments:

Maureen said...

Yay Brooklyn! So awesome. God is good.

Susan said...

So, so great! Yay!
She's so adorable.
xo

MayReid Photography said...

My heart overflows with JOY for you! We often as God why he doesnt perform miracles like it used to... Well, He does they just come in small packages now :) I will be praying for you standing on my feel my heart going out ... praying for miracles everyday to be happening in your life!

erica @ expatria, baby said...

I'm visiting for the first time via Mama Loves Papa. What an inspring, wonderful story.

Stefanie said...

You're right, she does look so much older! Can you just imagine how different the world seems to HER now - she has a whole new view (literally) of life; and that is amazing!

I think we need to be prepared - he has big things in store for this lil one!

Martina said...

I've read this 5 times and stared at these pictures even more and every time I get tears in my eyes. How wonderful! I don't have words to express my gratitude toward Him and for how awesome Brooklyn is. SHE'S STANDING!!!! XOXOXO

Unknown said...

Yay for Brooklyn!
What a beautiful post and wonderful achievement.

Hannah Avery said...

This is awesome! Praise the Lord!

-Hannah

Jodi said...

Yesssssssssssssssssss!!! LOVE IT! She looks so darn HAPPY!! Oh my goodness, made me cry!!!

Buttons in a cup mama said...

Glory to God !

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh my goodness. So wonderful!!

Steph