Friday, May 14, 2010

Up

IMG_3020

She tells me she wishes she could fly.

I totally know what she means.

The weight of this world is so heavy sometimes. Too heavy.

But lately, I find myself floating. Floating somewhere between Heavenly hope and worldly reality.

This in-between, this waiting. It's confusing. Some days, I really don't know what I feel.

As I float, I work hard to keep my eyes focused on the prize, even when the gravity of it all tries so hard to keep me down.

I look at my girls; I try to live in the blessings. I try to ignore the rain and concentrate on the sparkle of the glitter that is providing so much joy. Sparkle that is making our day brighter, even if it is a little bit messy.

It's a choice, happiness. To have an Upward perspective. To hope. And I thank God every day that I have that choice because without it, my feet would never leave the ground. Even if that means I have to float a little before I fly.

IMG_3022
(Emma's preschool Teddy Bear Picnic balloon release)

but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

thank you for that reminder to look Up everyday!!

Carol said...

oh how I remember those Teddy Bear picnics. What a beautiful day for the children, the teachers, and the parents. It seems like just yesterday my boys were at CLEWS. Beautiful post, Lisa.

Stephanie said...

A beautiful post. A beautiful perspective. You are such an inspiration.

This part particularly resonated with my heart: "It's a choice, happiness. To have an Upward perspective. To hope."

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net