Tuesday, July 27, 2010

This Day

I lay here in the early hours, waiting for the little pitter patter of feet. I am scared. He knows, but I tell Him anyway.

I close my eyes.

I see Him. His hands. He stretches them out to me and hands me my baby.

"Here, she is, child. It is now your turn to take care of her. She is special. You may not understand the decisions I have made, but I trust you. Her strength will be her spirit. Guide it, nurture it...for it will bless many."

I nod my head. I look in her eyes, and I know He has created beauty beyond my comprehension. Heavenly beauty that I get to share with the world. I am proud, and I am happy.

This day, she is mine. But, more importantly, she is still His. Together, we will show the world that His plan is always perfect. Always good.

Always beautiful.

11 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

It will be great. Love to you.

Steph

Carrie said...

Praying for you this morning!

Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you today, Bonnemas! Strength, Love and Faith, Terri Rivera

Jen said...

Can't wait to hear news of little Brooklyn's arrival!

Danielle said...

I came across your blog from "adventures in Baby Wearing" and just wanted to let know what a blessing this post is, and that I'm praying for you, your sweet baby, and your family! The Lord be with you and bless you today!

Deanne said...

I am overwhelmed by your gift to bless with words. To so beautifully describe what God has placed on your heart. We already love your precious baby and can't wait to see the amazing ways God will reveal Himself through her life.

Mary Beth said...

An amazing post as a prelude to what is sure to be an amazing day. Blessings to each of you.

Katie said...

Beautiful indeed! Thinking of you and sending our love.

Barb Alford said...

Lisa, LB has shared bits and pieces of your pregnancy and I hopped onto your blog for the first time tonight. I am in tears at the profoundness of your post. True faith in the One who alone knows any of our futures and calls us to be faithful to Him in all situations and circumstances. Thank you for your realness in sharing your story. Hugs

Jennifer said...

beautiful she is :)

Stephanie said...

{goosebumps}

And, of course, you're right. His plan IS: "Always Good."

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net