Wednesday, November 16, 2005

3 Months!!!

Hard to believe we've been blessed with Miss Emma for 3 months already. Time sure flies when you're having fun! And fun we are having. Every day is an adventure, and I am finally to the point where I like that! Yes, Miss Anal Rententive likes it! Of course, I don't quite have a choice in the matter, but Emma is teaching me how to not only "go with the flow" but how to enjoy it. We are working on a loose schedule, but I don't sweat the small stuff anymore. If she only eats for 5 mintues, so what. She'll make up for it at the next feeding if she needs it! She's well into the 12-lb mark -- and on her way to 13 -- so I'm not worried about this girl thriving. She is growing like a weed!

So what's new since last I wrote -- tons of course!! Emma is smiling and cooing like crazy. She even giggles and razzes and loves to show off her latest trick -- blowing bubbles. Her head is strong and tall, and she likes to swing at her toys and touch their soft fur, especially Ms. Spider. She still loves to kick around on the floor and will always give you a smile if you make fishy lips. In fact, we had her 3-month pix taken today and she smiled in every one!!! It was so hard to choose. She honestly looked precious in every one!

As of our last doctor's appt, Emma's thrush is gone, but we do think she has acid reflux. We've been giving her medicine for about a week and a half now, and it's getting better... slowly. She still struggles with burps and spitting up for a good hour after she eats, which means she can get a little cranky. But the good news is she is napping a little longer -- sometimes 45 min!! That's a huge improvement from the 15-min naps I was getting for a while. She can usually sleep thru the night for about 6 hours without a feeding, but we still have our share of bad nights. At this point, I know enough tricks now to get her down again -- usually. If we end up snuggling in bed, oh well. Sometimes you just need sleep!

The best part of these last few weeks has been reaching a new level of comfort. I honestly feel like I really know Emma now and that I can read her like no one else. She is truly the love of my life and my heart aches with how much I care about her. She's my buddy, and I absolutely love spending every second with her. It's officially all about her now and, honestly, that just feels natural. I admit I struggled in the beginning, but I am now in total mommy mode -- and it is great!

I do have some time to myself though. I'm back to work, with one day a week in the office (actually just 4 hours), and I work from home the rest of the week. It's been a struggle trying to balance everything, but I'm managing. I just hate ignoring Emma during the day, so I usually get work done at night after Jeff gets home. I know I can't play with her every second, but I want to. It's so fun watching her learn and develop. I can't believe how much she knows already! I do let her explore on her own, but until she can sit up, I feel like I should interact as much as possible. The dishes can wait as far as I'm concerned. I know, I'm obviously a first-time mom. :o)

Well, that's it for now. Forgive all my mommy gush, but it just feels good to honestly say, "Everything is good." It truly is, and I am beyond blessed with this little peanut. She is just such a sweetheart. And Jeff is just as smitten with her. The way he looks at her melts my heart. What more could I ask for?!

No comments: