Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Quick Update: The Countdown

Just wanted to give ya'll a quick update on our peanut as we inch closer and closer to her birthday!

My last two doctor appointments went well. The one I had 2 weeks ago turned into an ultrasound because my belly was measuring small (about 2 weeks behind), but the ultrasound showed Miss Brooklyn is growing -- she was up to 5 lbs, 9 oz -- which is still within the 25th percentile. I had a feeling that she was going through a growth spurt after that appointment, and sure enough, this week my belly was only measuring a 1/2 week behind, so she is getting stronger and stronger every day!

She is still breech, so we are scheduled for a C-section on July 27. However, both my girls were early (Emma was 10 days, Kendall about 5 days), so we'll see what happens. Miss Brooklyn certainly likes to keep life interesting, so I'm not planning on anything going the way I think it will. ;)

My OB did talk to us about doing a "version," which is where they manually try to turn the baby in utero so that she is in position for a natural birth. But, there are risks associated with that, and Jeff and I both feel it isn't worth it at this point. They say I am a "good candidate" because my other two deliveries went so well (nice and fast!), but I feel really confident that Brooklyn will be in the position she is supposed to be in when the time comes. Whether that means she does a flip on her own or wants to stay put, I am game. We have gotten this far, and I certainly don't want to induce an emergency C-section if we don't have to. We want to give Brooklyn the safest delivery possible.

(But... if you could say a prayer or two that she does flip, I'd appreciate it. I'd really like to recover from delivery as fast as possible so I can be with Brooklyn and the girls as fast as possible. I have accepted that this might not happen, but I am still hoping!)


So that's the scoop. My last doctor's appointment and ultrasound are on Tuesday, and then we wait until the 27th. Holy cow, that's less than 2 weeks away. Can you believe it? Let the countdown begin!

2 comments:

Katie said...

The 27th will be here before we know it! I will certainly pray that Brooklyn makes her big flip before the day arrives, as I totally understand your desire to avoid the c-section. Thanks for the update!

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to meet her.

Also - I just sent up a prayer that she does a flip and that you have a peaceful, quick delivery. :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net