Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Emmas - Take 2

Last week we had the chance to visit Emma's Great Great Grandma, Emma. For those of you who don't know, we currently have five generations of women alive right now, which is just about the coolest thing ever.
IMG_0711

I swear I tell everyone I meet, especially when they ask Emma's name. I'm so proud that she is named after such a wonderful, faithful, intelligent woman. I was given her middle name, so it was perfect that Emma got her first name. My sister and I had a pact -- whoever had the first baby girl HAD to name their baby Emma, no hard feelings.

My Great Grandma was "tickled pink" (as she would say) to see our little peanut. She said she had hoped Emma would be a spitfire like her grandma, who was also named Emma (got all that?). Well, as we all know, her wish came true. Emma did not hold still for one second during our visit and took no time getting used to the place. She tried to sweep the kitchen floor, climbed all over my Great Grandma's walker, barged in on the caretaker several times, and located a mouse trap that was hidden behind the TV. She did let Great Grandma feed her a bottle though, which was sweet. She also pointed to her nose and gave her two kisses goodbye, adorable images etched perfectly in my mind.

This wasn't the first time we've visited since Emma was born, but for some reason, I always forget my camera. Well, this time I didn't!! Here's a few shots I managed to snap before Emma ran in the other direction!

I love you Great Great Grandma!!
IMG_2594

Hungry belly, sleeping eyes...
IMG_2597

Just chillin' with my Gram!
IMG_2601

Hmmm, what can I get into next?

9 comments:

Glass Half Full said...

What a neat time -- seeing all the generations!!!

kkoois said...

what a blessing that they are able to meet each other in this life! it's not something that you hear of very often.

i've seen picture frames that say "Four Generations" on them, but never one that says "Five Generations." you'll have to get one custom made for that photo of all of you.

Mommy Brain said...

I love names that have a family heritage link. The name Christian or Christine has been in our family back to the civil war...I love telling my son about his unusual name and how special it is and he is so proud to tell others about it. I know Emma will be proud of her name as well and will keep the family story alive by telling the story behind her name. AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

How awesome! Some of my most treasured pictures are of my kids with my grandparents...my greats all died when I was little. That is so cool that you have 5 generations living right now...so rare...what a gift! :)
I was named after my great-grandma, Leone Amanda Smith. I just realized last week that I don't mention that often, especially when I told Jared and he was like, "you were???"... :)

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome and glad you remembered the camera! That 3rd pic she's the spitting image of Jeff. And look at her long, lean arms! Come visit meeeee!

Jen said...

That's so cool! Hang on to those pictures. Five generations. . .wow. I'm jealous. :-)

Tonia said...

Five generations are great! We have that too, but the fifth of course is a boy! Maybe this time we will have 5 girls.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this makes me want to cry! We are truly blessed to have our Great Grandma and Emma is a lucky little girl to have those pictures with her Great Great Gram!! How precious! That first picture is so cute, looks like Emma is giving Grandma a serious talk! I love it! Thanks for sharing all these experiences. I feel so lucky and blessed to have a family like ours. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

oh my God.. I'm speechless...
this is the first post about five generations gathering that I've read ever!
thanks so much for this beautiful entry :)

Love,
Adwina