Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Let's Talk About It Tuesday: Close Enough

Emma blows me away daily with all that she says correctly -- she even gets her pronouns correct most of the time -- but there are some things that I refuse to correct her on, simply because I am not ready for my baby to grow up.

A few examples...

"Hold You!" -- Her way of asking me to hold her, although she has corrected herself a few times lately :(

"Applepines" -- Pineapples! This one just makes me smile all day.

"Bapes" -- Grapes. This has become a family favorite.

"Momiter" -- Monitor. As in the one that tells us Kendall has woken up from her fifth 10-minute nap of the day.


And then there are the times when Jeff and I just look at each other in disbelief that we are holding complete conversations with our very opinionated 2 year old.

One example from this week...

E: "Mommy, I want to watch TV."

M: "You already watched Mickey Mouse this morning."

E: "How 'bout a little bit TV?"

M: "Why don't you sit next to Daddy and watch football?"

E: "No, Mommy. That's not a great idea."

6 comments:

Melissa said...

They say the funniest things. Gavin still calls spaghetti-"bisghetti". I just cant correct him, it sounds too cute!

Anonymous said...

aaplepines??!!?? Thats so cuuuute!!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit - my favorite is still 'hold ju' (at least that's how it sounds to these old ears). Although 'bapes' holds a close second :-) Now about that football thing....Emma, you & grandma are gonna have to have a little talk - it's always a good idea to watch football!

M. Fox said...

I cannot believe it! Veronica says ApplePIE for pineapple!!! almost the same! I love it! Emma is so darling. Veronica isn't talking quite so much yet but she's getting there. I know exactly what you mean about not correcting them. I don't ever want Veronica to stop using those darling baby phrases. All too quickly they're going to be saying things like "I'm so sure, Mom!" (complete with eyeroll)

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! I have totally not checked the blog this week! I'm not used to you being so on top of things again, good job Lis! I love it! She is too cute! And Emma, your Auntie Nenni doesn't like football too much either, so it's ok...just another way you are like me I guess. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, cute. We do the same with Rose - letting her mispronounce somethings, as it's too stinking cute. She says "too-licious" instead of "delicious" and "pe-lax" instead of "relax".