Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Surgery #2

Hi everyone! Just a quick update to let you all know that Brooklyn is having her second surgery tomorrow morning (Wednesday) for her clubbed feet.

As I have mentioned, she has been in casts for the last 6 weeks, and we are now nearing the end of the process. During tomorrow's surgery, they will cut her Achilles tendon to stretch it out and bring her feet up a little. She will then go back into casts for 3 weeks straight (up until now they've been changed every week), then she will be fitted for her braces. Once her braces are ready, the casts come off for good! That means we get to rub those piggy toes again and watch those miracle legs kick. We can't wait!!!

Tomorrow's surgery should be a minor outpatient procedure, but it does require anesthesia, so we ask for your prayers that all goes well. Also, the casting process only has about a 50% total success rate in children with Spina Bifida, so we ask that you pray that we are in the positive 50% (otherwise, there are more surgeries in our future).

We are a little anxious about our baby having her second surgery in just 2 months, but we are thankful that this one is minor and will hopefully get those feet ready for some future walking!

We will keep you posted tomorrow, and as always, thank you for your prayers!

No comments: