Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Ugh!

I am little frustrated right now... I just found out my glucose level was 1 point above normal so I have to go in for the 3-hour test. 1 point!!! From what I have heard, very few pass the 1-hour test, but I thought for sure I was going to. I have watched everything I eat (except for the occassional splurge), and the last thing I seem to want is sugar, so I can't say I really understand why I didn't pass this test.

We have our doctor's appt. on Thursday, so I'll get the scoop then, but I know that this next test requires me to fast, give lots and lots of blood, and sit in a waiting room for 3 hours. Guess I know what Jeff and I will be doing on Saturday!

1 comment:

Mama C-ta said...

Oh Les, I'm sorry. I looked back and saw I had a 142 my first test, think you said you had a 141?? My doc told me if I had GD then it would be much higher. It didn't get me out of taking the 3 hour but it helped knowing that!

And it went by quicker than you'd expect. And you can have a nice, huge meal to look forward to afterward. My friend had to do a 6 hour test so the 3 hour shouldn't be THAT bad! Bring company and some good mags!

xoxo
Cara