Monday, June 13, 2005

Up and Running!

Hi there! Just a short note to let everyone know that we have FINALLY finished registering! (I know many of you have been waiting for the go ahead!) It only took us THREE trips to Babies 'R Us! Jeff and I had a lot of fun doing it, but there sure is a lot to think about -- all for someone so little! :o) If it helps, I put a direct link to the registry in the "Links" section of our blog...

Also, a quick update on our last doctor's appointment (which was Thursday): all is well. Heart rate is a healthy 144 beats, and I'm measuring at 30 weeks, which is just where I should be. (Tomorrow is the big 3-0!!) I do have to go for my 3-hr glucose test this Saturday, but my doctor doesn't seem too concerned -- it's just to be sure I don't have gestational diabetes (which is VERY unlikely). Jeff was so cute and totally tried to get me out of it since I got a little dizzy at the last blood draw, but the doctor said we need to at least try to get this done, and if I can 't get through it, we'll go from there. It's funny because everyone I talk to about this test agrees that it sounds more unhealthy than any slightly high sugar levels, but I am certainly not the first pregnant woman to have to take it. And if this is the most annoying part of my pregnancy, I'll take it!

Also want to let everyone that the nursery photos I posted are a little deceiving. Rest assured that room IS built around primary colors, but the walls had to be lighter to complement the bright colors (otherwise it would look like a circus in there -- as the first yellow we painted confirmed!!). There is a lighter green in the bedding, but bring on the royal blue and red! I just have to spice the room up with colorful accessories. The window valence even brings in some orange. I'll post more pictures once the valence is up and the quilt is in so you can see more than just the wall colors.

I know I still have to post my updated belly pix, but I didn't want to post them with the nursery photos so I could space them out a little. I'll do that soon.

Have a good week everyone! :o)

No comments: