Wednesday, March 29, 2006

It's Here!

We have our first tooth! It's the lower right-hand one, just as the Doc suspected. I felt it for the first time this morning, but it has a long way to go. So I'll get my gummy grins for a little while longer!

I also think the second one is close behind. When I felt the tooth today, I felt a bump on the other side, so who knows! It's so much fun to see Emma go through these milestones -- she is getting so big!

She is moving around pretty easily now, but is still frustrated that she can't crawl. She tries, but actually puts more energy into trying to stand. I am eager to see which will come first.

Well, "eager" isn't really the best word choice...maybe curious is better. As much as I love seeing her grow, it still takes some getting used to. She now greets me sitting up when she wakes from her nap and is starting to play with her sippy cup. Thankfully she still thinks it's a toy. I don't think I"m ready to see her drinking like a big girl yet. The mere thought makes me well up!

We're also happy that Spring is here! Now that the weather is nicer, we've been trying to take daily walks. Emma loves watching the birds and seeing the neighborhood kids play. I can't wait until it is warm enough to go to the park. We're going to have so much fun. I can't explain how thankful I am that I get to spend these days with her. I am so blessed!

Here are some pix of our lil' spring chicken!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics, she's such a happy peanut! How cute her first tooth!! Everything is so bitter sweet, it's so exciting to watch them grow but so sad!

I can imagine how big you smile when you go into the room and she's sitting up smiling back at you!