Monday, January 01, 2007

A Look Back

Okay, I'm jumping on the bandwagon. I'm stealing an idea I originally heard from Mama C-ta , who was inspired by others and has since inspired many others.

Although the New Year is a time to look ahead with hope and a fresh start, it's also a time to look back at the blessings of the previous year -- both the expected and unexpected. With that in mind, below is a quick "year in review" of Emma's life as described in this blog. The idea is to take the first sentence from the first post of each month. You can click on the month to see the entire post.

I did have to cheat a few times and use titles since I'm a bit lazy and often just post photos, but I guess I'll make that one of my New Year's resolutions... to write more!

Happy 2007 everyone!

January
They say to never pray for patience...otherwise, God might give you LOTS to be patient about.

February
We're Famous!

March
I usually try to keep this blog pretty upbeat because, hey, it's all about Miss Emma.

April
Well, we knew it was coming... Emma is crawling.

May
Emma and Cricket Visit…

June
As I'm sure you've all guessed (and read on this blog MANY times), Emma is a busy little girl -- constantly moving and wiggling since day one.

July
Well, our first 4th of July with Emma was certainly, uh, explosive.

August
So we got the allergy tests back and of course they are all negative.

September
"On matters of style, swim with the current; on matters of principle, stand like a rock." --Thomas Jefferson

October
Yes, you can be cute and casual -- not to mention adventurous -- in this little dress.

November
So first of all, who in the world left last Friday off the calendar? I mean, I certainly missed it.

December
So, we have yet another ear infection and a VERY gooey left eye, so I went to the vault and resurrected another fashionable moment from Emma's "younger years."

3 comments:

Glass Half Full said...

I loved reading these -- so neat!!!

Anonymous said...

Mem-or-eeeez! How fun to look over the past year and all the joy Emma has brought into our lives. The really neat thing is that some day she'll be able to read these entries herself! Hi Emma, grandma loves you ;o)

Anonymous said...

Oh fun! April really got me - can you believe it wasn't that long ago when we were just impressed with crawling? And look at all she does now!