Tuesday, July 26, 2005

9 Months Preggers

Well, today I'm officially 36 weeks or 9 months pregnant. It always amazes me how you are really 10 months pregnant, but no one really tells you that. Well, technically it's 9.5 months, but we won't get into all that goofy counting stuff. Anyways, 40 weeks is right around the corner, and technically I could "go" anytime after next week, so the countdown is beginning. How crazy is that!??!

By the way, either you guys have a major connection with The Man Upstairs or He was sick of hearing me complain! :o) In other words, I feel much better these days. Seriously, after my rant on Friday, I started to feel better and after this weekend, I am actually walking without pain. I still feel tenderness and numbness when I bend, sit, or walk too fast, but heck I'll take it. Anything is better than last week. I have a feeling my back will be tender until I deliver, so I'm just going to have to continue to "take it easy," which I'm learning to do. As long as I'm mobile, I will NOT complain!

You know, this whole experience has made me aware of just how insensitive I am and how much I take for granted. People live with diabetes EVERY DAY, and here I am in the last months of pregnancy, complaining that I can't have my chocolate fix until after the baby is here. I never realized what an emotional issue diabetes can be. I have a totally new outlook on the condition. I also know a lot of people with back problems, yet I never realized just how painful and frustrating it is. Now more than ever, I am grateful for my health and vow to be more sympathetic to those dealing with health issues. As horrible as it sounds, I have a tendency to think that people should just "suck it up," but I no longer think that way. Health is a gift and people who don't have it really need love and support. An obvious revelation, perhaps, but as usual, God has really humbled me through this experience, and I am thankful that He did.

So how is Baby B you ask? Well, according to our latest doctor's appointment, just fine. Unfortunately, our last appt. was a little disappointing because it was so uneventful. One of our doctors is on vacation and the other one had four women go into labor right around the time of our appt., so we just saw the nurse. That would have been fine, except I had a million questions to ask. First, I was supposed to have an internal exam, which may not sound fun, but I've had about 20 people tell me I've dropped, so I was curious to see if I did.

I was also curious to see how much weight the baby has gained since our last ultrasound, but the nurse told me I actually lost 1.5 lbs! This really freaked me out, but she said it was normal. I don't quite get that since the baby is gaining weight quicker than ever now, but I did read in one of my books last night that it is common for women to stay at the same weight in their last weeks. I just really expected to gain weight since I was so inactive since the last appt. Still, I guess I won't worry until I have to. We see the doctor on Tuesday (we're up to every week now), so I can ask him then. I also think we'll get the order for our last ultrasound, so we'll get another weight measurement soon. There's that whole patience thing again... :o)

Well, that's it for now. Thanks again for all your love and support. New belly pictures to come soon and hopefully some more nursery photos. We're supposed to get the armoire on Thursday (finally!), and I can't wait to fill it with all of our cute baby stuff. We're also going to put up the window valence and some wall hangings (thanks, Cara!), so it will really look cute in there! Until then...

2 comments:

Mama C-ta said...

Oooooh, I can't wait to see the pics if you dropped! Any day now!!

We love you guys (by the way I hope we're on your "call" list! ANY TIME day or night!)

Take care of you and the babe and send our love to Jeff!

xoxo
Cara

KELLI BELLY said...

Can't wait to see picks of the baby!:0)