Thursday, August 04, 2005

Worth the Wait!

How can you stay mad at a doctor who tells you that you're almost 75-percent effaced and 2-cm dialated? You can't!!! :o) Well, that's what we found out today at our long-awaited appointment -- definitely worth it! Jeff and I were a little surprised, but VERY excited. It was so weird to hear the doctor say, "Well, if you don't deliver by next week, I'll see ya at your appointment." What?! Did he just say that?! Jeff and I looked at each other in total disbelief as we shook his hand goodbye.

Other less exciting details... I lost another 1/2 pound. So that's 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks. The doctor isn't too worried since the baby is still extremely active (he could barely get a heartbeat), so my fluid levels are most likely okay. I am measuring a little small for my dates, but the baby has dropped, so that often happens. Still, we're having our last ultrasound on Saturday just to be sure all is well. I'm not worried though. Just to know that things are already moving along this early on makes me happy. As the doctor said, the longest part of labor is getting from 0 to 4 cm, so if I'm already at 2 cm, hopefully that will make it that much shorter! :o)

So when do I think I'll go? No clue, but I'm not totally shocked that I'm dialated. I had a lot of contractions on Saturday and really felt the baby had dropped, but then again, I was trying not to get too excited so I wouldn't be disappointed. I am having quite a few contractions today, but I don't think they are the real deal. I'm sure I'll know when they are. I have to say next week is a possibility in mind at this point, but odds are we'll go to our next appointment on Tuesday and we'll hear the same measurements as today, especially now that I've got you all excited... :O) I guess it's all a waiting game from here!

So say a prayer for us as we continue on our little journey to parenthood. The ride is about to get a lot more exciting! Love you all!

No comments: