Friday, September 21, 2007

Fashion Friday: Baby B in Action

jenni and lisa

Baby B pulled his or her first all-nighter last weekend at Aunt Jenni's bachelorette party, where he/she danced up a storm downtown and got several rubs from complete strangers. Needless to say, finding an outfit that was somewhat trendy -- but not ridiculously expensive -- was quite the task at 8 months preggers, but I think I managed okay. And if I've said it once this pregnancy, I'll say it a million more times -- thank the Lord for ballet flats!

With a 4am return time and a 2-year-old that wakes up at 6am, there wasn't a whole lot of sleeping going on, but we did have a whole lot of fun!

In fact, it's probably safe to say my kids live it up more inside the womb than outside of it. This wasn't Baby B's first rockin' night. Thanks to fun Aunt Jenni, we also attended the Goo Goo dolls concert a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I don't have photos of that, but I did wear this awesome shirt from my generous (and very stylish) friend Mama C-ta.

Now that I think about it, this baby also traveled to LA in its early gestational months and ate at The Ivy! (Of course, this was all part of a work trip, so it really wasn't as glamorous as it sounds...)

Not to be outdone, Emma went to Disney in my first trimester and also traveled to DC. She too danced all night at my girlfriend's bachelorette party and her wedding when I was 7 months along. (Yes, I now own TWO maternity bridesmaid dresses!)

I actually think I may live it up more when I'm pregnant than when I'm not. Something tells me this won't change once Baby B arrives.

But at least I can have a glass of wine!

9 comments:

Randi said...

I think you look very hip and trendy! I always found it hard to find cute and inexpensive stuff around this stage of the pregnancy, but seems to me you got it down;)

p.s.LOVE the earrings too:)

Anonymous said...

Wow you look great! And so does Jenny! I haven't seen her in years and she looks amazing! I hope to see pics of the beautiful bride.

What a fun night you guys must have had, or couple weeks it sounds like. I wouldn't have been able to keep up with Baby B. Eating at the Ivy already? I guess I'll be seeing you guys in Us Weekly soon huh?

You really do look great and sounds like you're having a lot of fun!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

WOW! Look at you, Hot Mama!

Steph

Anonymous said...

Awwwww....what a cute pic! I haven't seen this one yet! I give you a lot of credit Lis, you said you could pull it off and you did! Your mom's a trooper baby B, as I'm sure you will be too, from what I've heard about you! Love you all!

Glass Half Full said...

You crazy gals!!! :)

Lori

Mommy Brain said...

Wow! I never could have pulled an all nighter when I was pregnant! Cudos to you! And I have to say you are the most stunning pregnant chick I've ever seen?

Anonymous said...

you are Hot! Gorgeous girl! Sounds like you had a blast (hope you got a nap too!)

KELLI BELLY said...

Wow sounds like you have a lot of energy! Good for you! And you are looking hot, mama. I love both of your shirt choices!

Anonymous said...

You are GORGEOUS!!
How did you pull an all nighter?
I couldn't even pull all-nighters when I was in college! You look wonderful - makes me want to have a baby!!