Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Let's Talk About It: Duh!

Sometimes the things that come out of Emma's mouth take me back because they are so right on. It's even better when she has that "tone" that tells me she clearly thinks I should have already known the answer to my question.

A few examples:

* Emma is notorious for putting things in her mouth (still!). One day, her cheeks looked a bit "full," so I asked her what was in her mouth. Her reply: "Spit."

* In the middle of playing "people," Emma decides she must take her socks off, N.O.W. When I ask her why, she replies, "So my feet can breathe."

* Kendall is nearing the fireplace ledge for the zillionth time, so I am a little annoyed and tell her, "No, no, no Kendall!" Emma steps in: "Mommy, she doesn't know any better."

Yeah, I am pretty sure I'm going to be put in my place more than a few times as these years go by. (Somewhere my mom is grinning from ear to ear.)

2 comments:

Carol said...

I think it's great that you are writing down/keeping a record of these cute things that Emma says. I can' remember too much from when the boys were that small. (just wait 'til she's a teen!) (I'd rather not remember some of the things that come out of my boys' mouths!)

jen e. said...

I like my feet to breathe too Emma. ;)
XOXOXO