Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Random Facts and Photos

Call me lazy, but I thought it might be fun to just give you some random updates on Emma's adventures, along with some just-as-random photos. Enjoy!

Facts:
  • She is in the 50th percentile in her weight (18 lb, 5 oz) and supposedly off the chart in length (30 in), but I think they measured wrong. My guess is she's more like 29 in.
  • She is currently eating peas (yes, again) and seems to be doing okay.
  • She loves to feed herself. So far, we've tried rice cakes, rice pasta, and brown rice. Wow...that's a lot of rice, isn't it?
  • She can hold her own bottle now, but only does during lunch. (Hey, if I can't nurse her, I reserve the right to hold her for as long as I want...)
  • She loves to point with her pointer finger (that is, when she's not chewing on it!)
  • Her fav toy of the month is her push toy thingy. She LOVES the fact that it helps her walk all by herself.
  • She tries really hard to imitate what you say, but all words seem to end up sounding like mmmmmmmmmom.
  • She lets you know when she's hungry and even attempts to sign "bottle." (I didn't teach her to sign milk, because formula isn't milk. I'm annoying that way.)
  • She yawns and rubs her eyes when she's tired.
  • She is taking two long naps now and is sleeping well at night (but still wakes up before 6am...but I'll take it!)
  • She clears her voice to get your attention if you ignore for too long (as in 10 seconds!)
  • She only gets her binkie during naps and at night (at least, on my clock...)
  • She gets all shy when she "meets" someone new, especially a male. She tilts her head into your shoulder and grins all cute like.
  • Her summer wardrobe is ridiculously large and fabulous, thanks to some very generous friends. (Hand-me-downs rock!) I can't wait to play dress up!
  • She enjoys taking her medicine and gets all exicted when she sees it.
  • She is not afraid of the vacuum cleaner AT ALL and even lets me use it to scoot her along!


    Okay, I could go on and on, but then what would I write next week? :o) So without further ado, here are the photos:


    Rice cakes (or as Gram and Gramps B would say, Styrofoam cakes) YUMMMMMMMMM!


    She's Got Legs (courtesy of stylish boyfriend Cricket!)






    Weeeeeeeeee!


    I'm Walking, Yes Sireeee!


    Cabin-et Fever (Get it?? Okay, maybe I'm getting too much sleep now!)

  • 6 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Too Cute!!! I just want to reach thru the computer and kiss her to pieces!!! They are all adorable, but I love the one in the swing and the one where she's sitting on the ground w/her leggings on smirking!!! Love you Emmy!!!

    Anonymous said...

    Oh my, she is too much!! Hey! You forgot the one about how much she loves staying at grandma & grandpa bernard's house ;o)

    kkoois said...

    How cute! She is getting so big. Thanks for keeping us all updated on her progress!

    Anonymous said...

    Wow! Those leggings make her legs look long! I can't believe how big she is getting; and prettier by the moment (if possible). I don't know if she told you, but we had a nice little visit at church last week (Uncle Johnny was VERY jealous) :). She was an absolute angel. Can't wait until she has her next visit at Knox in about a week; John is extremely excited, he's already "baby-proofing" his apartment. There's a #1 uncle for you! Love you guys and see ya soon!

    Anonymous said...

    How cute!! I love the leg warmers!! Who would've thought they'd be in style again! She is ABSOLUTELY adorable!! Love you guys!

    Anonymous said...

    Oh fun list! I agree those BabyLegs do make her look all legs! Sounds like she is long and lean though. Emma is such a beauty, just when you think she can't get any cuter! I'm very jealous over the swing action, I have yet to get Cricket on one. And can she explain to him that a vacuum cleaner isn't so scary. Oh wait, then I won't have an excuse not to vacuum.

    Sounds like you had a great time on your getaway. Oh and LOL not teaching her to sign milk, you are so funny. BTW I thought Cabin-et fever was hilarious but then again I'm pretty sleep deprived...another thing I'm very jealous of! Give the fam a big hug and kiss from us!