Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Magic Words

Bouncing off of the last post, I wanted to share that Emma has also discovered a way to put a stop to anything she doesn't like. Or at least she thinks she has.

If she doesn't want her face washed off after lunch, she simply tells me BEFORE I do it that she's a "good gurl." If she doesn't want me to clear the boogies in her nose, she reminds me that she is a "good gurl." And if she doesn't want the doctor to stick that wooden thing in her mouth, she informs her that she is indeed a "good gurl."

Hey, life's all about being proactive and confident. I think this "good gurl" may be on to something...

5 comments:

Butterfly Mama said...

Cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, it's confession time...last Saturday, when we were babysitting, I put sweet little Emma to bed without her medicine. I didn't realize it until about 30-40 minutes later - just enough time for her to fall in to a sound sleep. Well, after seriously considering skipping her nightime dose, I did the right thing and, praying all the way that I would not totally goof up her sleeping schedule, wnet in to give it to her. She sat up so sweetly & drowsily informed her heartbroken grandma that she was a 'good gurl', and then proceded to lay right back down - after a quick snuggle & song & sleep the rest of the night through. I fell even more in love 8-)

Anonymous said...

She is too funny! Love you good gurl!

Anonymous said...

Annaliese's version was 'dood durl'. :)

i am not said...

Way cute, Emma!