Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Let's Talk About It: Love

One of my favorite things about Emma's age is the random acts of love I get on a daily basis. As hard as she plays, she is also quite the lover. Giving kisses and hugs comes very naturally to her. I especially love it when she gives Kendall that intense look of love where she just wants to squeeze her to death. She grits her teeth together and hugs her tight -- sometimes too tight! -- saying, "I love you so much!"


This past week, she did two things that really melted my heart:

  • I am washing dishes and she is nicely playing with her doll house and "peoples." Out of nowhere, she comes up to me and says, "Mom, you are my best friend" and gives my leg a big squeeze.

  • We are sitting at the table, finishing lunch, and she says to me, "Mommy, I love Jesus so much."

    Could I be any prouder?
  • 3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Wow! Those are both so sweet! You MUST be so proud to have raised such a beautiful, loving child...I know I am proud of you, little big sis.
    XOXOXO

    Anonymous said...

    Well I know this grandma/mom is 'bustin buttons' over here. For all you youngsters out there - that just means I'm SO proud
    ;-) ...and the greatest of these is love. She's got the most important things all figured out.

    Anonymous said...

    Sniff, sniff, what a precious little sweet heart!